Well, I hope everyone had a happy holiday season. I've sort of been out of touch with everyone, so let me see if I can catch you up on what's been going on. . .
Christmas was lots of fun for the girls when they got back from Slidell. We had a good time. Brayden was sick for about 3 weeks. It started the week before Christmas with slight cough and congestion. By Monday after Christmas he was working to breathe a little more than what I liked to see. He was also wheezing some, still coughing horribly now. We went to the dr. and got an inhaler to try and did a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia. Not pneumonia, thank goodness! The inhaler was no fun, he didn't like something being in his face. But we did it anyway. By Wednesday (New Year's Eve) he was running fever and didn't sound any better. He had also thrown up a couple times. Back to the dr. and now we are almost to the point of admission to the hospital, but we tried a breathing nebulizer treatment in the office and there was dramatic improvment with his breathing. We tested him too for RSV and the flu. Both of those were negative. He also had an ear infection in the right ear. So we think that is where the fever was coming from.
Make a long story a little less long... we came home with a nebulizer and did breathing treatments every 8 hours for 48 hours and he was back to his old playful and fun self. We finished the antibiotics for his ear infection yesterday and have a dr. appointment tomorrow morning. I want to make sure he is all clear. However, he started coughing again last night and some more today. So I don't know what to make of it. Hopefully it is nothing and things will continue to go smoothly from here on out.
Ashleigh came home with her report card Friday and she got ALL As!! Way to go! We are so proud of her. I guess she may get a good birthday present next week :)
Ryleigh is keeping us busy as always. I swear she doesn't have an off switch nor does she have a speed control. She is always moving, always talking. She is doing well with school two days a week and enjoys learning new things. Today she started running fever and has a cough. So I will get her checked out with Brayden tomorrow.
Craig's parents are visiting this week for Gloria's check-ups at MD Anderson. We are hoping everything goes well and the doctor give us good news. We'll keep you updated.



3 comments:
I'm praying for the health of all your babies. Hang in there.
Sorry sweet Brayden was sick and now Ryleigh is too. We will be praying for Craigs mom also. Sounds like you are staying busy! And Congrats to Ashleigh for all A's!
Sorry your kiddos have been sick, hope they feel better soon!
Post a Comment