Craig and I drove to Columbus, TX today to drop Ashleigh off at Pine Cove camp. It's an awesome Christian camp that is a week long overnight and sounds like a lot of fun. She went to Pine Cove last summer, but to the day camp. This is the first year she has been away from family for a week. Plus, she is not able to call and I can't call her to see how things are going. (I think I am in for a long week)
She was a little nervous on the way there. She kept saying her stomach hurt and she actually took a nap in the car. But when we got there and she saw her two other friends that were going to be there with her, she perked right up. We walked her to her cabin, helped make her bed, got her all situated. She changed into her bathing suit and was off to the pool. That's where we left her. She was having a blast already! I miss her so much!!
Here are a few of the counselors greeting the vehicles as we approached the gates at the camp (they're doing a little dance for us)

Ashleigh's on the bottom bunk

The big water slide

Reagan, Ashleigh and Alisa -- cabin mates

Tammie kept the little ones for us so we could bring Ashleigh in peace and quiet. (Thank You!!)
On our way home from picking them up we stopped at one of the lakes near the house to feed the ducks. Ryleigh loved it!

A few turtles stopped by
1 comment:
These are GREAT pictures! camp looks like a blast! Can we go???
Post a Comment