Monday, January 21, 2008

Ashleigh's 7th Birthday




We were in Slidell for Ashleigh's birthday this year. My dad and sister, Katie, flew in to New Orleans and stayed with my other sister, Jennifer in Hammond. So me and the girsl drove in on Friday night. We had beignets at Cafe du Mond in Mandeville - which was awesome, 'cause the weather was awful and freezing. Then we headed to the Auquarium downtown. I forgot how awful that causeway drive is! We had a blast in the city and I got to have a shrimp po-boy at New Orleans Hambuger and Seafood Company out in Metairie. That was yummy! Then we headed back to Jen's house to hang out and sing Happy Birthday to Ashleigh. We hadn't had a king cake in a while, so I figured this was a great opportunity to have one and we stuck some candles on it and it was great!! We drove to Covington for Copeland's for dinner that night and then the girls and I said goodnight and headed back to Slidell to Craig's parents' house to sleep. Sunday morning we got up and packed and loaded the car and headed back to Hammond to Cracker Barrell for breakfast. Then it was on to Jen's to hang out for a while before we had to leave. I tell you it was a lot of eating, talking and laughing!! It was so much fun! Ashleigh had a wonderful birthday! But, whoooo, we are worn out!

No comments: