Last Tuesday the weather was beautiful and I decided it would be great to take Ryleigh to the park. We were having a great time for the 20 minutes that we were there and then somehow, I fell. I have a weak ankle from a bad sprain in highschool and it just gave out on me walking to the playset. So, I twisted my left ankle, twisted my right knee, ripped a hole in my pants, and busted my butt. My right knee has a bad brush burn, but is healing fine. My ankle is fine and my twisted knee is feeling better. I got up from falling... on my own - without any help from anyone else, I think they just liked to watch. I then got concerned with the baby and whether or not everything was going to be okay. I am still early enough in the pregnancy that I don't feel movement constantly every hour, so I didn't know if I should be worried or not. I called the doctor and they said to come on in for a check-up and they would listen to the heart beat and make sure everything was okay. So, I walked home with Ryleigh in the stroller with my knee burning and sat around the house for two hours before my appointment. This whole time I think I felt the baby once. That got me worried. At the doctor's office, however, the baby was moving a whole lot. I think I was a little more relaxed since I was at the office, who knows.
In the back the doctor comes in and immediately goes for the ultrasound machine. He says "Let's check things out and make sure everything looks good." I felt relieved that he was going to to do one, plus it gave us an early chance to see the baby. By the way, I was scheduled for my regular ultrasound appointment today (Monday). So, everything looks great. The placenta is just how it should be, the baby was moving like crazy and kicking almost the whole time. When the doctor was finished I asked if he saw any genitals. He said he didn't even look, so went back to take a peak. And there it was, he paused the motion on what appeared to be a BABY BOY!
Craig fell back in his chair and I just stared at the doctor in shock. He asked if that was something we wanted and neither one of could find words to talk to him at that moment. We were just so used to hearing GIRL! Craig had the biggest grin on his face and I was a little teary eyed. It was an amazing feeling. But the bottom line is that everything was okay and my fall didn't cause the baby any harm.
Then I went back for my appointment today. Again we saw the same thing, this time Craig saw it a little clearer and started pacing back and forth in the room. The tech said "It's a boy", and pointed out to us the following pictures. We are just thrilled and don't know exactly what to think. Part of us will say we want to make sure again toward the end with another ultrasound. After all could they really be wrong twice?? After what happened with Ashleigh we are just a little skeptical. Yet, that was a different doctor in a different state and almost 8 years ago. So we will see. But everything looks great. By measurement of the femur he weighs 10 ounces and was asleep the whole time today during the ultrasound. Here are a few pictures we were able to take home...







6 comments:
I am SO excited that y'all are having a boy. I'm sorry that you had to find out the way that you did by taking a fall though...I would have freaked. I'm glad that everything is ok! Do y'all have any boy names picked out yet? YAY...our little boys will be close in age!!!
CONGRATS--on the baby news NOT the fall at the park :-)
Welcome to the wonderful world of little boys---buy a poncho!
Congrats, Congrats, Congrats....We are so excited about about Baby Boy Abney. We love you guys!
Congrats on the baby boy! I know Craig is thrilled! Hope your feeling better from your fall too!
I'm glad yall are having a boy! I wish you could have had yours first though so I would know more of what to expect!! Love yall!
Well first of all, sorry about your fall there. Hope you're okay. And YAY, another nephew!! What are you gonna name him? You know, my middle name would work for a boy, too... :).
Post a Comment