Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Weekend update

Well, lately things have been chaotic. Maybe it's just two kids, maybe it's life, maybe it's just unorganized chaos. I don't know - but whatever it is, it has been a little exhausting, yet so much fun at the same time. Just a quick update...

I started to feel bad (sore throat and cough) last Wednesday. I went to the doctor on Friday and he gave me some antibitotics. I am on day 5 of the medicine and this cough is driving me crazy. I get a headache now when I cough and called in to work today. I didn't think mom's of sick patients would want me coughing all over their sick kids. So, I am at home today trying to relax??

Saturday was Ashleigh's last soccer game for the season and her party was that afternoon. She had such a great time playing soccer and we are so proud of her for scoring her 5 goals throughout the season. She learned a lot about the game and made some new friends as well. The coaches had some really nice things to say about her and hopefully we will be on their team again next time. The team party was great. It was a swimming party and the girls had a lot of fun. Ryleigh was the trouble one when it came time to leave. She was going on no nap for the day and taking her out of the pool is like an unthinkable act. She screams like you just cut her arms off and kicks and throws herself around. I had to get one of the other moms to dress her before we left because she kept kicking me!! How embarassing. But she took a good nap when we got home :)

Mother's Day was good. I wasn't feeling all that great. We didn't go anywhere or do anything. Craig cooked breakfast for me and mom. The weather was beautiful so we just hung out around here, did some yard work and I cleaned house a little. I had a good day with my girls. We kept kidding around saying it would be the last one with just mommy and her girls.

Here are some pictures from the weekend...

Ashleigh getting her soccer trophy at the team party
Ryleigh thinking she was part of the action with the coach handing out trophies
Ryleigh at the soccer game - as usual
Zoey and Ryleigh at the game
Ryleigh getting ready for her swim lesson last week
Ashleigh chasing the soccer ball (she's number 8)

2 comments:

Brock Family said...

Seeing how fun soccer looks it makes me excited for annie to get older and play sports! It's good to see your mom too...tell her that I said hi! Is she close to y'all?

JStraughan said...

Get Well Soon! Zoe and Ry have the same 'cheesey' smile at the soccer game--how cute!!