Silly girl with pig-tails (she actually kept them in all day)
Monday, June 23, 2008
Chipped tooth
I worked this weekend, which means Craig had Ryleigh for 24 hours without me. When that happens I never know what kind of phone call I will receive while at work. However it is not unusual for him to call me just to say hi and let me know what they are doing. So, when my phone rang and I saw that it was him, I didn't think anything of it. Then he says "Ryleigh just chipped a tooth." He was very calm. I didn't know what to think. Was she bleeding, did she have a head injury, is her tooth hanging out? Turns out they were at the park and on the see-saw (Craig was standing right by her) and she turned her head to look at someone else and her hand came off the handle bar. Of course her face had to fall and hit the bar just right to chip her front right tooth. I had him bring her up to me at work, she appeared to be fine, no cause for an ER visit. Craig has felt bad about it all, but everything is fine. This morning I brought her in to the dentist and she was such a big girl. She brushed her teeth and took x-rays. Then she let the dentist look at her teeth with no problem. Everything turned out to be fine. I thought the one on the left might be a little crooked, but they said it looks fine. The x-rays were a little blurry but they could tell that nothing was broken. Yay! The chipped part they said they could smooth out when she gets older and isn't so petrified:) So, we will just watch and hope that things will continue to look great over the next couple weeks.
Silly girl with pig-tails (she actually kept them in all day)
If you look close enough you can see the chip on her right tooth (the flash was bright in her face)
Today after the dentist appointment holding her balloon proud!

Silly girl with pig-tails (she actually kept them in all day)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Sounds a lot like my experience with teh X-rays and all. I am glad that she is ok. She is adorable!
Post a Comment